mandolin, guitar and vocals
From Regina, Georgina Betts has performed in the top show lounges and casinos throughout the U.S. and Canada, including Las Vegas and Atlantic City. and has numerous TV appearances to her credit, including a national H.B.O. Special, CBC Toronto and CTV Edmonton. Gina has sung jingles for Seacoast Sound in Victoria, Studio West in Saskatoon, and CBC in Regina. Her band Calamity Jane has performed at the Envision Twilight Concert Series in Mission and is a regular feature at the Jericho Folk Music Club.
- soloist, soprano section leader and concert manager for the Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir (2004 -2008)
- Official Klondike Kate for City of Edmonton, 1998-99
- Canadian Armed Forces Tour to Asia, 1993
- Klondike Kate in Edmonton, Alta at the 700 Wing Airforce Club for three yrs. running. (81 – 83 )
- Pemmican Pearl in Regina Saskatchewan for the city’s summer fair called Buffalo Days (performed at the fair grounds and all around the city) for two yrs running (82 and 83)
- Toured with Scoundrel throughout the United States and Canada, including Vegas, Reno Tahoe, Atlantic City
- Semi-finalist in the Du Maurier Search for Stars talent competition in 1981
- Currently performs with husband in a group called Nightswing, playing at conventions, weddings, banquets etc. in the lower mainland area.
- Post Properties -Four Seasons Hotel
- Pulp and Paper Manufacturers -Whistler convention
- Southern Orthopedic Association – Whistler
- Allied Insurance – Four Seasons Hotel – Cantrav and PSP
harmonica, keyboards, accordion and vocals
Tom Arntzen is a singer, keyboardist, composer, arranger, producer and actor. He has toured three times to New York with Three Generations of Jazz..with his wife Georgina. In 2005 he was a featured vocalist in CBC-TV’s Cantata For The King with the Hard Rubber Orchestra. In 2004 he played the role of the Policeman in the new Showtime movie musical Reefer Madness, and also sang on the soundtrack. In 2003 he was Vocal Coach to Will Ferrell and Zooey Daschnell on the hit movie Elf. He composed music for the CBC specials Comedy Night In Canada, and The Year In Review. He composed, musically directed and sang on the national C.B.C. TV specials the Western Alienation Comedy Hour, which aired in 2003 and 2002, which won the Lotus Award. He musically directed Red Rock Diner and The Rocky Horror Show, for the Arts Club, receiving Jessie nominations for both. He released his debut jazz CD release, The Turning, and toured as bandleader or featured soloist in various musical projects to the Northern Norway Folk Festival; Pnom Phen, Cambodia; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Tokyo, Japan; and throughout Canada and the U.S. Tom regularly performs in festivals, parties, dances and specialty variety shows at major hotels and corporate events with The Hitmen, Tom Arntzen Jazz Trio, Jake and Elwood’s Blues Brothers Revue, Nightswing, and SwingSoul Orchestra.
Curt Allison is the Minister of Urban Outreach at St Andrews Wesley United Church in Vancouver. Born in Greensboro, North Carolina, Curt graduated from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC in 1987 with a Bachelor’s degree in Piano Performance. Sensing a call to ministry, Curt attended seminary at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK where he graduated with a Master of Arts degree in Church Music. Ordained in 1991, Curt served as Minister of Music at Riverside Church in Norman, OK and then as Minister of Music at Epworth United Methodist Church in Oklahoma City until 1998. Curt and his partner David made a trip to Vancouver, fell in love with BC, and decided to move here to live in 1998. 2004 was a very significant year for Curt and David: in that year, they both became Canadian citizens and were married. At St Andrews Wesley, he directs the Gospel Choir, leads The Word Is OUT!! LGBT discussion group, leads Night of Praise, a monthly Sunday evening contemporary praise and worship service, and co-leads the Emerging Spirit Young Adult group. Curt also owns and manages a recruiting firm. In his spare time, Curt enjoys working out, playing sports, seeing great movies, and engaging in intense theological and political discussions. He and his partner David along with their dog Toro live in downtown.
Russell Marsland: guitar, vocals
One of Canada’s premier guitarists and singer-songwriters.
Paul Bergman: bass
Paul is a rock steady bassist, in demand in many styles of music.
Phil Robertson: drums
Phil has played and recorded with a who’s who of Canadian Music.